The King James Bible with Strong's Dictionary is written in simple HTML code, and operates only under your browser. It cannot create files, or perform other functions that could conceivably damage a computer. But, because there are people who use lawsuits to prevent the spread of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the following "fine print" has been added to protect those that distribute the King James Bible with Strong's Dictionary or its components.
Licensing Agreement for the King James Bible with Strong's Dictionary
By using or distributing any part or whole of the King James Bible with Strong's Dictionary, which includes some or all of the following components:
you expressly indicate that you agree to and accept the following terms, conditions and disclaimers as an express agreement between you or your organization, and John M. Hurt, (designated as "Author), and any distributors (designated as "Distributors") of the King James Bible with Strong's Dictionary and / or its components (designated "Software"). If you do not understand these terms, conditions, and disclaimers, or do not agree to and accept them, then you may not use, view, or distribute any part or whole thereof of the Software.
- King James Old Testament
- King James New Testament
- Strong's Greek Dictionary
- Strong's Hebrew Dictionary
- Hebrew Concordance
- Greek Concordance
(1) You may only use the Software after a 3 day evaluation period if you have made a payment of $8.00 US.
Please send your check or money order payment to:
PO Box 31
Elmwood, TN 38560
For electronic payment, go to our webpage at www.johnhurt.com/payment/index.htm
(2) The Software may contain errors or defects (herein designated as "Defects"). These Defects may contain but are not limited to the following:
(a) incomplete, inaccurate, or corrupt data,
(b) transcription or programming errors,
(c) unauthorized distribution containing copies of this software with defects contained therein,
(d) a defective or damaged disk or other medium,
(e) a computer virus,
(f) data that cannot be read by your equipment, or that damages your equipment.
(3) If there are Defects, you have the responsibility to contact the Author (John M. Hurt, PO Box 31, Elmwood, TN 38560 USA - email address: firstname.lastname@example.org) so that any Defects can be corrected.
As to every real and alleged Defect in the Software,
(1) the Author and any Distributor disclaims all liability to you for damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, and
(2) you have no remedies for negligence or under strict liability, or for breach of warranty or contract, including but not limited to indirect, consequential, punitive, or incidental damages, even if you give notice of the possibility of such damages.
The Software is provided to you "as-is". No other warranties of any kind, express or implied, are made to you as to the Software or any medium it may be on, including but not limited to the fitness for a particular purpose.
If any part of the Terms, Conditions, or the Disclaimer are not legally binding, it shall in no wise affect the validity of the other Terms, Conditions, or the Disclaimer for the Software.
If you distribute the Software, then you expressly agree to the following:
(1) You will indemnify and hold the Author and other Distributors, members, officers, and agents harmless from all liability, cost and expense, including legal fees, that arise by reason of your distribution and either a Defect in the Software, or any alteration, modification or addition to the Software by you or for which you are responsible. This provision applies to every distribution of the Software by you, whether or not for profit, and whether or not under or referencing the Author's name.
(2) You will only distribute while you have a valid existing agreement with johnhurt.com to distribute the software.
As a Distributor, you agree to the following:
(1) For every copy distributed by you, you will make a payment of the $8.00 licensing fee to:
PO Box 31
Elmwood, TN 38560
(2) You will only give exact copies of the Software. Among other things, this requires that you do not remove, alter or modify the Software or this Licensing Agreement.
(3) You will notify the Author of any defect in the Software.
(4) You will use the Software to promote the Christian religion, and not as a parody or in any other negative manner that would harm the cause of Jesus Christ.