Smith's Bible Dictionary
Abihail - (father of, i.e. possessing, strength).
- Father of Zuriel, chief of the Levitical father of Merari, a contemporary of Moses. (Numbers 3:35) (B.C. 1490.)
- Wife of Abishur. (1 Chronicles 2:29)
- Son of Huri, of the tribe of Gad. (1 Chronicles 5:14)
- Wife of Rehoboam. She is called the daughter, i.e. descendant, of Eliab, the elder brother of David. (2 Chronicles 11:18) (B.C. 972.)
- Father of Esther and uncle of Mordecai. (Esther 2:15; 9:29) Next Topic (Abihu
SpeakingBible Software © 2000-2007 by johnhurt.com